Monday, March 31, 2014

Add this to your skin routine: Facial steaming


This isn't a new concept. Everyone has heard of it. Many use it. For those who don't, well, this is why you should.

I had a cold this week. And you know the kind of thing that goes with it. blocked nose, headache, then running nose, sometimes both blocked and running nose... I decided to use steam to help me with it. It was evening time and I had come back from college. I looked worn out and tired. On top of that I was sick. I cleansed my skin and then used a facial steamer. After a minute of breathing in steam, I felt a lot better with my blocked nose but I also saw a difference in my skin radiance. It was glowing as though I spent the day relaxing at home or in a spa.

After a little research, I saw that this method is widely used and has many other benefits.

  1. Makes the skin glow, by increasing the blood circulation
  2. Helps in removing dust and other particles because of the water vapor action . And this helping with acne. 
  3. Steaming has anti aging benefits simply because it helps loosen the top layer of the skin which becomes stiff as a person grows older.  
  4. Removal of blackheads and whiteheads. It helps loosen the skin and aids in removal of blackheads and whiteheads.
How to prepare a steam bath:

There are two ways to go about.

Simple one. Buy a steamer. Add water and switch it on. 

If you are not interested in buying a facial steamer, you can use a large metal bowl.
  1. Pour a few cups of water and boil it till steam is very visible.
  2. Place the bowl on a flat surface. 
  3. Take a towel to create an enclosure for your face and bowl. Make sure to maintain good distance with the bowl to avoid burns.
  4. Breathe in and out for a minute or until it starts to feel too hot.
  5. Wipe off.
It is advisable to use a cleanser before facial steaming because it helps prep the skin.

While this is a brilliant procedure it is important to remember to not overuse it. So once in a week is the limit you should use this.

Hope this was good information.

Thanks for reading,
XO Ayesha

36 comments:

  1. sounds cool! I want to try! I've heard steaming is very good for skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better now...
    stay healthy!
    And thanks for sharing this information :)

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great for the face I try to add to add to my regimen.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tips...I agree, steaming has amazing benefits for skin and it also makes the skin more taut :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reminding me. I know that works so great but I'm always to lazy to do it :D

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great advices!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steaming is always my favorite part of a facial. Thanks so much for stopping by my page. I'm following you via Bloglovin. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this beauty/health tip. I also have a nasty cold and I'm going to try this today. Thanks for visiting my blog doll! :) Hope you are feeling better & have a great week.

    Debra@stylewisebydebra.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I hear steaming is excellent for your face. Yes lets follow each other, following via Bloglovin.

    Happy Birthday and that book looks so cool! Haha could you imagine being a Geisha oh boy that would be a tough job wear a kimono all day AND having to entertain men.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow I want to try steaming too
    it looks great to try!
    would you like to follow each other to keep in touch?
    MY-Emily
    Please, let me know! ;)
    Follow me and I will follow you back for certain
    (leave a blog link at my blog after follow so I can go back ur blog again)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your comment. I really like your post. Sure we can follow each other. You have a new follower via bloglovin. Follow back?

    http://justabriefmoment.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the comment. That's a great post. Sure we can follow each other. You have a new follower via bloglovin. Follow back?

    http://justabriefmoment.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) My sister decided to use a bit of this steam-miracle this evening. Like you said, I'm sure lot of people know and use this technique. I remember when my mother always had this prepared when we had cold/flu. xx Maja

    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fab idea! I used to work at a doctors surgery and they always swore by this remedy too! xo

    Glad you're feeling better now (:

    Am happy to follow each other; I'm following you on bloglovin now x

    Sophie | soinspo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will have to try this. Thanks so much for the info! Thanks also for stopping by my blog. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. my skin is actually driving me nuts right now so I might have to try this out
    Wear It Better

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to buy a steamer...i am too lazy to boil water in a pot and soo on..lol

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love steaming it keeps my skin clear. And thanks for coming by, yes let;s follow, I am doing so on Bloglovin now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice!
    http://shareasecretmag.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where can i but this? I need it for my face :(
    Anyways, would you like to follow each other? Follow me and then ill follow you back instantly.

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is interesting, thanks for sharing that info! I would love to follow each other thanks for asking! Following you now via google +. Waiting for a follow back, cheers girl! Thanks!

    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for review :)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! I just wanted you to know I nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Please check out my post and go along with the award to help promote your fellow bloggers! :)

    BaileyAnne

    BaileyAnneStyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing! This is beyond beautiful!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is a godd idea! i try with my sister!
    xo
    http://www.madeinsisters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. great post!

    http://pupuhoehoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. My mum used to always use this with menthol crystals in, I totally forgot about it!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. great tip! I usually just do it over a bowl of boiling water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Steam bath is great,it even helps me to get a beautiful skin
    Thanks for sharing
    xx
    Style Of OzOz
    Style Of OzOz Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  30. yay! thanks for sharing this dear :)

    http://www.lavinajampit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing :D followed you :) Hope you follow back . Also like your fb profile ;)
    xoxo
    http://cassie2fashion.blogspot.com/2014/04/spirit-of-youth-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello,honey!
    I followed you on bloglovin, please, follow me back, if you want.

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3947784

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love watching TED videos, I feel a bit like a genius when I'm through

    http://www.cindyslittleblackbook.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day. Thank you for leaving a comment!!